2013年5月21日 星期二

員工為加薪繡上公司圖樣刺青


Employees Get Tattoo of Company Logo For Pay Raise
員工為加薪繡上公司圖樣刺青


 Would you get inked with the company logo for a pay raise?

A New York-based real estate firm Rapid Realty has offered its 800 employees a 15% pay raise if they tattoo the company’s logo onto their bodies, and the offer is snowballing (像滾雪球般增大), according to CBS New York. So far, nearly 40 employees accepted the challenge, AOL Jobs reported.

There were apparently no size or location restrictions for the logo tattoos. For instance, Brooke Koropatnick told CBS New York that she got hers behind the ear.

Employees who agreed to get inked said getting a substantially (實質上、基本上) larger paycheck was motivation enough to get a tattoo. In a video, Brooklyn-based broker (經紀人) Adam Altman said the ink would be a reminder to work harder. “I don’t see myself going anywhere, and if I have it on my arm, it’ll force me to keep going and working hard [sic],” Altman said.

Owner Anthony Lolli told CBS New York that he got the idea from an employee who had done it.

He calls me up, he says ‘Hey Anthony, I’m getting the logo on me.’ I show up at the shop and I’m like ‘this is cool, how can I repay (報答、酬報) you?’ ” Lolli said.

Lolli said the employees who have gotten inked (簽字、簽約) “get a lot of respect from the other agents with the amount of commitment that they have,” AOL Jobs reported.  The company owner pays for the tattoos, which can cost up to $300. Lolli told CBS New York that he hasn’t gotten inked yet, but plans to eventually (最終).

Perhaps getting permanently (永久地) branded with a company logo gives a whole new meaning to the term “walking billboard.”


在這裡補充一些和文章內容相關的資訊:

AOL:
AOL的全名為「American Online」,一般稱他為「美國在線」或「美國線上」。AOL是美國勢力很大的網路媒體公司,於2000年被美國時代華納公司併購。前一陣子也才聽說Yahoo為了對抗微軟的併購,積極的想跟AOL有些合作或合併。

沒有留言:

張貼留言